Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd, "Eleventh Grade Burns" by Heather Brewer

This is one of my favorite series that I have ever read. The author, Heather Brewer, is without a doubt  my favorite book author. The way she describes things, makes characters change from beginning to end and how she writes the plot astonishes me and it has a very strong impact on me. The character, Vladimir, is very relatable, as he has a very tough life because he must deal with both school work and the fact that he has special powers, and with special powers comes 'special' responsibilities. This book used to be a trilogy, but it quickly grew as it had a large fan base and they constantly demanded Brewer to make more books to the series. I can't blame them, this series is amazing. This book features the return of the main antagonist of Vlad and his whole family, D'ablo. D'ablo, at first, tries to help Vladimir and worship him because he is the Pravus; a creature who will eventually be released and rule over all mankind. However; D'ablo just decides to kill Vlad. He hires someone, another vampire, to kill him instead of doing it himself. In the mean time. Vladimir is also being hunted by the cousin of Henry, his best friend, who is known as Cecil. Cecil has a strong hatred against Vampires, since his younger sister was killed by them. From all of this, can't you see that the characters are so unique and have a large variety? That's what I really like about this; all of the lovable characters and how they fit so well into the plot of the book. I will not spoil anymore because I highly suggest this book. This is the fourth book in the series, so it would not be wise to start reading this one. This book is about action, love, mystery and many other genres fit in there as well. I could go on and on about this book, but I'll stop right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment