Thursday, November 15, 2012

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

I'll be completely honest: I don't really enjoy non-fiction books, but I think you know that by now. This book, "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote, is a non-fiction mystery book that talks about the killing of a very successful farmer in Holcomb, Kansas. This book was probably my least favorite because of the way it was written. It is pretty difficult to follow and characters seem to pop out of no where. The chapters end abruptly, and it jumps from place to place. There is also a lot of filler that is irrelevant to the story, I bet that if the filler wasn't added, the story would have flowed so much better. I think that's enough about the cons... I'll get to the positives now. The setting was great and it really set up the time period, the location and it gave us an idea of what was going on in Holcomb, Kansas. The characters are introduced at good times, however, there are so many names to remember! It seems more like a chore to remember who each character is and what they did or do. I honestly don't have much to say about this book because I didn't enjoy it too much. My favorite part was when they figured out who killed the farmer. However, it was kind of obvious and I figured it out prior to reading the last few pages. The book did do a good job with creating suspense and dragging out the moment of truth, though. Like I said, I don't really like non-fiction books, but I kinda wanted to try one out, and this is what happened. I did read the whole book through, but it didn't pique my satisfaction. I guess I'll just stick to my fantasy books!

No comments:

Post a Comment